Saturday, April 28, 2012

Will You Be My Bridesmaid? - DIY

Good Morning!

I hope everyone's morning is going how they want it to go!

As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm engaged! Rob proposed on November 18, 2011. I am going to be having 5 bridesmaids, and Rob has 5 groomsmen. I asked my 3 friends first if they wanted to be a part of the wedding party, and they all said yes! How do you say no to that, anyway? I had planned on asking my 2 sisters, Desiree and Aimee, in a more special way (not that my 3 friends aren't special!). While browsing one of my new favourite blogs (who is getting married on the same day I am), I came across a pretty crafty way to ask my sisters if they would be a part of my wedding party.

I adapted the idea from her craft, and both of my sisters said yes!

Items that you'll need:
(Everything was bought at Dollarama)

  • Cardboard Boxes (# depending on how many people that you're asking)
  • 1 bottle of Acrylic paint (any colour)
  • 1 paintbrush
  • 2 fake white roses (or any flower)
  • 1 bag of hubba bubba bubble gum (or any treat you want to put in there)
  • 1 piece of paper
  • 1 highlighter
  • Tape 
  • 1 roll of lace (or any fabric)
Start out by laying down some newspaper to protect your table or work area. I painted the inside of the boxes in one of our wedding colors (unfortunately, not the exact shade), first. Second, I painted the outside when the inside was dry.

When the paint was dry (and it dried quickly!) I taped some lace fabric around the outside in another of our wedding colours. 

I cut the stems off of the fake roses and put 8 pieces of gum in each box.

Next, I cut out two hearts out of construction paper and printer paper and wrote down my question! :) 

And now they're ready to go! My younger sister texted me when she opened it, "Thanks for the gum!" and I totally thought she didn't want to be my bridesmaid. I asked my mom what was up and she looked in the box and saw the question on the lid and told my sister, who promptly texted me with a yes. I would keep that in mind if you try this and find an easier place to see it.

Thanks for checking it out! Good luck!

xo Nicole.

No comments

Post a Comment