Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A New Concept

Since restarting my blog, I've gotten some feedback and have come up with a new concept for Alberta or Bust. I'm going to figure out how to have a wedding with a budget of only $2,500. (We're perfectly okay with anyone donating or helping us fund our wedding, too) ;) Rob and I have about 13 months to plan, plan, and plan!
Now, that budget may fluctuate, but it's all we've got so far. For a couple of 20-something's, having a wedding is no easy feat, financially. I thought that two thousand dollars would be plenty but I was wrong, so wrong. Since being engaged, I've had so many different ideas run through my mind. I've come up with the conclusion that we don't exactly need:

  • Favors
  • A DJ
  • High-End Caterer
  • Paid-For Photographer
  • Fancy Centerpieces 

Rob and I still have a LOT of planning to do and I'm 98% sure this wedding is going to be considered one of those 'DIY weddings'. I'm not even sure where to start, though visiting our potential venue would be a great start. For now, here are some of the things that I've been looking at on Pinterest. (All pictures were found and are linked to Pinterest)

We were thinking of doing something like a 'goal' chart...#1 would be "Walk in the Park", haha
Vegan, of course.
Pictures like this make me so excited for an outdoor wedding!
Perfect for a bonfire!
So romantic!

xo. Nicole

No comments

Post a Comment