Saturday, August 18, 2012

House Tour - 1

I've decided to accept Kylie's request to do a house tour. I'll be doing a series of posts that will document the decorating that will be going on. I hope you're as excited as I am :) I figured I might as well tell you the story of how we got this place...
Rob's friend chillin' with a beer in our living room

Rob and I were living at his parent's house from September 2011 to February 2012. We started looking for our own place in January. He told me that he didn't want to carry me through his parent's front door on our wedding night (lol) and would rather have it through our own door. We looked on Craigslist for a couple weeks and had a couple viewings. There was one place that we LOVED, but it was in Whalley (which is the worst part of Surrey) and we didn't want to get shot. It turns out that the guy was showing us the apartment, even though someone had just bought it. What was the point in that? We had a couple more viewings of some places that were horrible. Why do people show apartments that are full of holes from rats and shotty wiring?
We had a viewing of this place we decided we wanted it. It's in walking distance from everything, and it turns out it's a 5 minute drive from both of our jobs! We thought it was a manageable rent, but Rob's friend screwed us over and we were left with the whole thing for a good 4 months. I'm still pretty choked at his friend over that. I really enjoyed living with just Rob and I was hesitant about letting our current room mate move in, but I stopped being dumb and realized that we needed the room mate to make rent cheaper. We just signed a one year lease with him and rent is even more cheap now! :) One day we will be getting our own home or condo, but for now, this is working.
These are pictures from our move-in day. Some of Rob's friends helped us out, so we got some pizza and beer to relax with after everything was done. I think all the guys were trying to play with the Xbox but couldn't find a cord or something, so Rob made a game out of it. He had every one look through the boxes for it, and if they opened a box, they had to unpack it and put everything away. I enjoyed it.
These are all from February 18, 2012.
So this was our place the day we moved in! I had, and still do have, so many decorating ideas! We had only signed on for 6 months at the time, so I didn't really hang any pictures or anything. Now that we're here for a year, I plan on some bunting and paper lanterns or something! I'll be sure to share my progress with you :) Did you do a house tour? Link me up!

xo. Nicole

1 comment

  1. My comment didn't post earlier, it appears. But I love it! Thanks for accepting my challenge ;) I can't wait to see the place as it progresses !

    ReplyDelete