Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Things Will Get Done

Alright, I have told myself I will start working on wedding and Christmas crafts. We plan on making all the decorations for our wedding (well, I plan on it). Hopefully this means there will be a ton of DIY's on here in the near future! What sort of crafts are you interested in seeing for a wedding? I'm making the bouquets, the centerpieces, the arch, etc.. Next week is crazy, though. I've been scheduled Monday to Thursday at one job and then probably starting the second job next Friday. I have orientation tomorrow, so papers will be signed and things will get rolling! 
Yesterday was my last day doing volunteering. I realized it's going to be too much on my plate and two of my jobs have a very high burnout rate. I've thought long and hard about what I should do. I feel horrible about starting this volunteering and then having to stop, it's not fair the youth. I also feel selfish about needing 'me time' but I really don't want to burn out. As our last day together, we went bowling, had Starbucks, and then visited the new library in Surrey. The library had a teen lounge going on and they were offering some free Henna! It was really nice to spend a good day with the youth.
One of my coworkers and fellow bloggers, Kylie, requested that I do a house tour post on here. Does that sound interesting? It means I have to super clean the apartment, but I'm interested in doing the post! Rob and I just signed a 1 year lease with our room mate, so we're stuck here for a while. Decorating is definitely a possibility and I have some ideas in mind. Let me know in the comment section below or shoot me an email at nicole.franson1@gmail.com!

On Friday, Rob and I are going with my mom to friend's house for some cake tastings! I graduated with her and she has since opened her own business. She charges almost less than half of what bakeries do, so this is perfect for our budget! I can't wait and I have so many ideas for cakes. I found an amazing cake on Pinterest and I basically want her to just recreate it for us, but I hate copying...What's a bride to do?

xo. Nicole

6 comments

  1. I say YES the house tour post sounds very interesting!! It's one of my favorite things to see :) And don't feel bad about me time...it's very importante

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now need a day or two off of work to clean everything! I'm thinking a before and after of decorating?!

      :)
      xo

      Delete
  2. Ah wedding planning! I did many crafts for mine and would have done more if I wasn't in school and working the whole time. I can't wait to see what you start doing, I love seeing what others put together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's exciting to see other people's creative juices flowing :)

      Delete