Thursday, November 1, 2012

A little late on the draw...

Here I was thinking that October would be a better blogging month! Turns out that it doesn't really matter what month you're in, time still goes by super duper fast. The past couple days have been awesome, though! I got around to finally using the Crock Pot that I invested in and made some Cinnamon Apple Pear sauce. It definitely didn't turn out 'post-worthy' but it's tasty. I keep forgetting to pick up some vanilla ice cream to go with it...
Last night was Halloween, and my Maid of Honor came over when I was done work. We decided to ice some red velvet cupcakes and watch Magic Mike. The night went perfect and we were up until 4 in the morning just talking and enjoying each other's company. That's the perfect Halloween for me :) She even brought over an old Christmas tree that her mom wanted to get rid of. We now have one stuffed in our closet until November 12! I can't wait to start decorating everything!
I had to work last night until 11pm and I was over the moon that my coworkers decided to dress up. I hate being around people who are so "blahhh" about the holidays. Why not have some fun?! So it was noon yesterday and I still didn't have a costume. It took me some time but I figured I had the supplies to make my own zebra costume!
I didn't document how I made everything, but it's pretty straightforward. I used an old headband and some felt fabric to make the ears. I cut the shape and sewed them on. The nose took a little time, and it looks more like a cow nose (haha). All I did there was cut a square piece of felt, cut 1 cm from each corner and sewed the corners back together. After that, I folded half of the 'box' down and sewed it so that it would lay flat against my nose. To keep it on, just loop some string through and tie behind your head!
Out of all the customers who took a guess at what I was, only a police officer got it right and I gave him his coffee on the house. I guess you could say I was a "Starbucks Zebra", eh?

What did you do for Halloween?

Just a reminder that the super exciting November Package Swap will be starting soon! Click here to find out more :)

xo. Nicole

2 comments

  1. Horror movies, also recently watched the movie Hotel Transylvania in the spirt of Halloween and it was super cute, I would definitely recommend watching it.. suitable for all ages :)

    HonestConfessions.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about watching it, as I've heard good things.

      Glad you had a good Halloween :)

      xo

      Delete