Saturday, January 5, 2013

Crock Pot Potato Soup

Ooooohhh my goodness! I have never been so in love with a recipe. I came across THIS recipe for simple potato soup and I knew it had to be done. This post may not be wedding related, but I feel it's marriage related. What's a marriage without a yummy potato soup dinner?
We decided that this crock pot should be put to good use. If we invested in it, might as well use it as much as possible. It came in handy the other day with we both worked 8 hours and got off at 4pm. We woke up at the same time, enjoyed a cup of coffee together, and then started dinner before we left. I made a pot roast and holy snickers, it was delicious! It was so nice to come home to the smell of dinner cooking. We brought it over to Rob's parents and they loved it.
Now, back to the potato soup. I followed the recipe pretty good, but I definitely recommend putting the hash browns in first instead of last, like I did. I also decided to up the amount of black pepper. The soup hardly had any flavor, so I also put a bunch of garlic powder and bacon bits. It's soo yummy. Garnish with green onions and grated cheese.
Have you tried any recipes lately?

xo. Nicole
PS: Do you like my new blog design?

3 comments

  1. Yum! Looks like you stumbled onto a really cool recipe. I've been meaning to cook more but I get lazy, haha. Thanks for motivating me! :)

    xo, Adriana @ Horses of Ares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is lazy cooking because I left it in a crock pot all day haha

      xo

      Delete
  2. Looks yummy!! I'm gonna have to try that!

    ReplyDelete