Friday, March 15, 2013

Lately...Again!

The invitations are done! I mailed them out this morning (well, I got Rob to..) and I am just sooooooo excited to start receiving all of the RSVP's. Allison did an amazing job at designing them and I'll share soon once most people have received theirs in the mail.
Gunner has grown so much in the past few weeks! He'll be 15 weeks old on Monday and he's already 32 pounds. He's healed from his dog attack wounds (physically, anyways) and is as crazy as ever! We thought he could get his second set of shots but they said he had a fever. Poor guy! After another round of antibiotics, he was well enough to get his shots and go to the dog park. He missed that place!
I recently became employed at a group home, and it means not wearing my Starbucks outfits during the week! It's an amazing opportunity, and from what I've heard, amazing on the resume too. I've had 5 shifts and I'm in love with the atmosphere and how the staff integrate family therapy. It's not always the child, it's the family too. I finally got a chance to wear my necklace from outside.everywhere that I won in a giveaway on Gentri Lee's blog!
Miss Koshka has been super cuddly since we got Gunner, and I'm loving it. She's not a fan of him and how he treats her like she's a small puppy, but she has yet to make a swipe at him.
Rob's mom and Aunt came over one weekend and helped me get my head wrapped around centerpieces! Eventually, we got most of the pieces done but we had a mason jar we weren't using anymore and I decided to make it a vase for the flowers that Rob's Aunt brought :)

What's Coming Up? 
1 - Allison from Crafted Love is designing a new blog layout for me. I've mentioned this in the last couple posts but she mentioned she was almost done, so I hope you're ready!

2 - It turns out that our room mate decided to not find a job during the month he was unemployed so we've had to make the decision and kick him out. Rob and I put our application in today to transfer to a one bedroom suite. If all goes well, we should be moving suites by April 18! This is just added stress for this month, but I know I'll be happier when we're in our own place. 

3 - Centerpieces are done! Invitations have been mailed out! Flowers have been bought for the bouquets! A lot has been done for the wedding lately and I can't wait to share everything with you guys. I'm almost done crafting a bunch of stuff, so a couple posts will be coming up soon.

Thanks for sticking around while I've been on a bit of a blogging hiatus. Life has been crazy and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. I'm working 50+ hours a week right now, about to move, wedding planning, caring for a puppy, etc.. 

xo. Nicole

2 comments

  1. 1. i am so so so excited for a new blog layout!

    2. I CANNOT wait to see the invitations!

    3. LOVE that necklace!!!

    ReplyDelete