Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Guest Post - Adriana from Horses of Ares!




It is such a pleasure to be guest blogging for my beautiful friend, Nicole, today about the wonders of apartment living. I recently moved out of my parent's home with my boyfriend, Nick, to a one bedroom apartment in the city. We've been enjoying our freedom and sense of independence for two months now and haven't been happier!

Don't get me wrong - living with a roommate has it's wonderful pros and it's questionable cons. For example, he believes that having a mess all over the floor means our apartment is "homely" so I get to do most of the cleaning. But on the other hand, getting breakfast in bed from time to time isn't half bad either! The trick to living happily together is: Never keep score no matter how much you want to, learn to share the room instead of dividing it, and always be willing to compromise. So it's been a give and take of sorts which has worked great for us.

As of right now, our apartment is halfway full with furniture but there's still a lot of empty walls and unfinished rooms so we've been really thinking about setting a weekend aside to shop for decorations, or make our own DIY projects. Here is a list of my favorite projects so far:

1 // Gilded Pattern Votive Holders and Bud Vases DIY by Creature Comforts
2 // Matte White Glass Bottles DIY by Decor8
3 // Stenciled Towels DIY by Style Me Pretty
4 // Geometric Switch Plate Cover DIY by Silhouette Blog
5 // Natural Looking Boxes DIY by Craft & Creativity
6 // Distressed Wooden Shelves DIY by Sugar & Cloth

What are some of your favorite DIY's for the house? Thank you so much, Nicole, for having me! And thank you, lovely reader, for sticking by my ramblings. Come visit me at Horses of Ares to read more about my daily adventures and let's become blog buddies. Until next time, have a really wonderful week.

love and hugs, adriana

No comments

Post a Comment