Saturday, June 22, 2013

Our Wedding: The Rings

I don't want to share all the parts of our wedding in one go, so I'm going to do it separately! Why not start off with a symbol of our marriage? For the ceremony, Rob and I opted for the Celtic Handfasting Tradition, and that is what the blue, purple, and white braided ribbon is for! I will go in to that in more detail in another post. I also made my bouquet!

My photographer cancelled 3 DAYS before the big day and I was left to scramble for one. That was a huge stress, but it worked itself out in less than an hour. Rob's sister, Lauralynn, is just starting a photography business and had never done a wedding before. My pickle was that yes, her photos would be amazing, but I wanted her to enjoy her brother's wedding. She said it would mean a lot to her to do the photography, so that figured itself out and she became our official wedding photographer! She specializes in newborn photography and so this was her first wedding! I think she did amazing! You can check her out here.



My engagement ring came with the wedding band already so we were covered on my rings for the wedding. The only one we needed to get was Rob's. He is fully Scottish but really enjoys the meaning and the look of a Celtic knot, so we had to incorporate one on to his wedding band. Hardly any jewelers around here made any of that style, but we finally found one at our local mall (go figure).


Rob's ring is made out of Titanium and just looks so perfect for him. I opted out of Tungsten because if there was an emergency, the ambulance or paramedics would need a special tool to cut it off and I'd rather immediate action be taken. Is it weird for me to find it sexy when I catch a glimpse of it on his finger?


xo. Nicole

No comments

Post a Comment