Friday, August 16, 2013

Our Wedding: The Cake

Our wedding cake was one of my favorite things! I browsed Pinterest for like, ever, before we sat down with our baker. We came up with a branch and flower effect and 3 tiers. The top layer was gluten free (seperated from the other 2 layers with cardboard) and it was amazing!

My younger sister also made 3 different flavors of vegan cupcakes! I wanted a vegan option for dessert, as my mom and one of my bridesmaid take part in that lifestyle. The Chateau's chef also made them a delicious vegan dessert, so they didn't feel left out!

The cupcake flavors were Apple Pie, Lemon Cranberry, and Reese Piece! The wedding cake, I have no idea what it was, but I know all three tiers had a different flavor. One was mango filling/vanilla cake, another was boston cream filling/chocolate cake, and the gluten free was butterscotch filling/vanilla cake!

All the stands were made by my father-in-law and new uncle! They sanded and bolted the pieces on so it wouldn't move. My mom ended up getting both of the stands for her garden after! 

It was definitely tasty, and we know from all the compliments and comments that our guests also enjoyed both the cupcakes and cake! It was also nice for our budget to go through a friend for our cake rather than a big name bakery, and for my younger sister to just buy the ingredients to make the cupcakes and then for us to reimburse her. My uncle helped her ice them as well. I wouldn't have changed anything!

xo. Nicole

No comments

Post a Comment