Friday, December 20, 2013

Homemade Christmas • A Gift Idea!

This Christmas is a bit of a weird one for us! We just got married, moved an entire province, and to top it off, all of my sewing supplies are in storage! It makes it a little difficult to sew gifts again this year, so I compromised with myself and decided to find a different way of making gifts for friends and family.

Oh my gosh, it smelled heavenly when I was making it! I wanted to make cookies afterwards, but I need to go get some gluten free flour first. We had all the ingredients in the kitchen already, so it didn't cost that much to make! I even linked my friend the recipe and she's going to make some, too. She isn't doing so well in the money department this year, so I was glad to help her find something affordable and sweet to make. 

I got the recipe from HERE! She also has a peppermint sugar scrub recipe which looks suuuuper easy to make! I wanted to make that one, too but I don't have any essential oils handy, nor in walking distance to buy. It did require almond and coconut oils, which I found at Save-On foods in the natural skin care section and the natural foods aisle!

This recipe didn't require any essential oils, just ingredients you probably already have in your pantry! It's also conveniently Gluten Free! My husband can't eat gluten in any way, shape, or form and neither can his sister. I'm not sure what putting gluten on their skin does right now, so I didn't want to take my chances. So if you know someone who has Celiac Disease or is sensitive to gluten, this gift will be a good one :)

The recipe says that it makes enough for 2 1/2 cups, which is true! I made 3 batches and it filled 4 mason jars and 4 smaller jars.

Happy gifting!

xo. Nicole

1 comment

  1. i need to bookmark this recipe for next year's gifting! :)

    ReplyDelete