Monday, March 24, 2014

Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie

Lately, I haven't been able to stomach coffee. I don't what it is, but one day 2 weeks ago it just started making me nauseous and now I can't even stand the taste of it. (Not pregnant!) I tried this morning with the same results. Tea just isn't the same, in my opinion, but I'm going to make my way over to David's Tea on Friday to check out some options, because I NEED caffeine during the work week. This morning was different because I opted for making a smoothie! 

I came across the "Lauren Conrad Oatmeal Smoothie" on Pinterest (which linked me to a Martha Stewart website) and made my own version.

I used:

  • 1 small portion of Activia vanilla yogurt
  • 1 frozen banana (microwaved for 45 seconds)
  • a handful of oats
  • a handful of frozen blueberries
  • 1 tbsp of honey
  • about 5 ice cubes
  • a little bit of water
I put everything in the magic bullet cup, then I added the blueberries, and THEN the ice cubes on top (so they'd hit the magic bullet blades first). After, I poured it all into my new mason jar tumbler from Wal Mart! Isn't it devine?!

Sorry for the wacky ingredients amount. I don't really measure what I put in, and it usually tastes good. Except mango and peanut butter. Don't do mango and peanut butter. 

Yesterday, I decided to take off my gel nails (ouch!) If you noticed in the picture above. I used my favorite nail polish brand, Julep, and painted my nails using Tracy!

Do you use Julep? What's your favorite color?

Enjoy!

xo. Nicole

No comments

Post a Comment