Friday, August 29, 2014

Lately || First Day Back

Yesterday was my first day back at work! The teacher whose class I'm in, had a little treat for all of us educational assistants in her room. Needless to say, I'm set for candy for the next couple months. It was awesome to arrive at the school and see how different the classroom looked. We switched rooms and it's so much more open and inviting. There's more daylight pouring in too, which is something I need to function properly during the day. It really feels like we never had 2 months off, and more like only a week!

Lunch was provided for us, which was really nice. We had pizza, and then we had a professional development session on Google for the afternoon. I finally learned how to use Google Drive and Google Docs! Who needs Microsoft Office when Google basically offers all the programs for free?

To top off my first day, I arrived home to a fun mail day! I received a cheque (not a bill, wahoo!), some snail mail from my best friend in British Columbia, and my reusable lunch bags from Max & Ozzie's! I'm super excited to pack my lunch in it next week...is that weird?

I purchased a pink chevron printed one, and a turquoise flower print. I also started using my new day planner. I colour coded everything from appointments to bills to BBQs! 

I'm looking forward to working with the student that I'm assigned to, and just enjoying the school year. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is how little energy I have after work. For instance, yesterday there weren't even any of the students there and I barely had enough energy to make dinner. Oi vey. I'm hoping to finally be back in to an appropriate sleeping schedule, and that should help with my lack of energy. Regardless, I have to figure something out!

Alright, on to another day of meetings, laminating, and prepping for my student's success!

xo. Nicole

2 comments

  1. I just started my first year of teaching and those supplies look so cute! Might have to get some :) and I hear you on not having energy at the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first year! It's tough to get a teaching job in Canada right now. The agenda is from Staples :)

    ReplyDelete