Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Introductions || Koshka

Last week I introduced you to our dog, Gunner! Today, I would like for you to meet Koshka. She was our first pet, and my "first born." Rob isn't too fond of her because she's kind of mean, but I still love her.
alamaxfield
When we lived in our apartment in Surrey, the maintenance guy had to come by a few times to fix our stove and other things. He was a pretty old guy, and every single time he came, he always said the same thing. He would ask if we knew what kind of cat she was, and then explained how he had one just like her at home. Koshka got a lot of cuddles when the maintenance man came around.
alamaxfield
We got Koshka from a friend of mine. Her cat showed up at her house one day, pregnant. We also knew from the beginning that she loved Rob. On the day we picked her up, Koshka stared at him for the entire drive home. She's not a meow-y cat, but when Rob arrived in Alberta 2 weeks after I did last year, she let out the loudest and longest cry we've ever heard from her. She missed him!
alamaxfield
She too, is a bed hog. I get up for 2 minutes off the bed and she's right there in my spot (if Gunner isn't around, of course). Koshka and Gunner have a love-hate relationship. Gunner loves to play, but she is totally not interested. One day, I hope for them to cuddle or at least be in the same room as each other without one chasing the other.
alamaxfield
I learned the hard way to not leave warm, clean towels on our bed while I go to work. They were covered in fur, and had to be rewashed. Such is cat-mom life. 

I hope you got to know Koshka a little better, as I also post a lot of pictures on my Instagram of her. If you came over, she'd sniff you out then run away. There's a small chance that she'd come back for some petting, but be prepared to be swiped after 3.78 seconds.

Do you have a cat? I'd love to be introduced!

xo. Nicole

3 comments

  1. Hehe, she is cute but she's also evil. Less than 4 seconds of petting her and 99% chance she's already tried to bite or swipe at you! She's a cuddler on her own terms ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I Just might have to do this with Liam, Cocoa and Kiki on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun to do! I would love to meet your pets...though in person would obviously be better ;)

    ReplyDelete