Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Welcome to Fall

Fall is full of amazing things, and I think it's safe to say that it's almost everyone's (in the blogging world) favourite season. I know that it's mine, except for when the snow rolls in earlier than everywhere else, here in Alberta. I mean, it's snowed for the past 2 days and today is iffy. Ugh.

I'm looking forward to wearing a cardigan and a scarf every day at work, and cozy weekends with hot chocolate and coffee, while planning Christmas gifts and Thanksgiving dinner. In light of the new season approaching, I've asked all the wonderful ladies on my side bar a couple questions about Summer and the upcoming wonderful time of year!

Without further ado,

alamaxfield

alamaxfield

1|| Anything exciting happen over the Summer? Cordelia took her first steps!
2|| What are you most excited about for Fall? Halloween – I love getting the kids all dressed up and going trick-or-treating.
3|| What is your go-to wardrobe piece for Fall? I just bought this gorgeous grey chunky knit sweater that is going to get a ton of use!
4|| What is your favourite blog post that you've ever written? I wouldn’t be able to narrow it down… any one about my kids

alamaxfield

1|| Anything exciting happen over the Summer? I was a bridesmaid in my besties wedding!
2|| What are you most excited about for Fall? Wearing sweaters and boots and comfy things! Summer apparel is so cute, but not always the most comfortable.
3|| What is your go-to wardrobe piece for Fall? Probably my boots. The perfect pair that goes with anything and are way comfy. Can you tell I like to be comfy, haha?!
4|| What is your favourite blog post that you've ever written? Dang, that's hard! Umm...probably the post about what I learned in the first year of marriage. That post captures pretty much what this whole blog means to me, which is sharing my experiences as a newlywed and connecting with others through it. I spent a ton of time drafting that post too, so I'm pretty proud how it finally came out.

alamaxfield

1|| Anything exciting happen over the Summer? I was fortunate enough to do a lot of traveling this summer but I think the best part about it all was having the opportunity to meet new members of my family. I got to meet my fiance's extended family for the first time and also a cousin-in-law that has just become part of mine. So that was very rewarding and I'm so happy I was able to get to know all of them. As you grow up, you realize more and more just how important your family is. It's a bond that's indescribable. And when you get together and connect with your loved ones, it's just a confirmation of that unyielding love you have for them. 
2|| What are you most excited about for Fall? Leggings and oversized sweaters! I don't like to wear much in the summer (hello, Texas heat!) but sometimes I just want to throw on a sweater that swallows me whole and cuddle all day. I can't be the only one, right? 
3|| What is your go-to wardrobe piece for Fall? A big, comfy sweater! I think that last question pretty much summed up why (: 
4|| What is your favourite blog post that you've ever written? Oh gosh, that's a hard one. So I have this series called "A Few Things" where I basically word vomit all over my blog and just write out what's in my heart. I feel like they are the most satisfying and fulfilling posts I ever write because I simply express what's on my mind without any kind of filter and I am able to unload in a way. They are important to me because it's stuff that needs to get out anyways but also because I love the feeling of being completely honest and open and letting myself be vulnerable (which is something I don't normally do) but being ok with it. I have a lot of them but I narrowed down my favorites to these two because they came at kind of pivotal points in the last year of my life. You can check them out here and here!

Shelby Bolton
Blog • Tumblr • Instagram

1|| Anything exciting happen over the Summer? Between obsessing over How To Train Your Dragon 2, going on a girls-only trip to Banff with my family and going to the Squamish Valley Music Festival in Squamish British Columbia, this summer has been full of quirkiness and unexpected adventures.
2||  What are you most excited about for Fall? Learning how to make pumpkin pie, being able to wear scarfs without overheating, Halloween, and going to Banff (again) with my Boyfriend.
3|| What is your go-to wardrobe piece for Fall? My trusty leather jacket and homemade mittens from my Grandma.
4|| What is your favourite blog post that you've ever written? My favourite post would have to be from way back in 2012 about Edmonton Expo.

alamaxfield

1|| Anything exciting happen over the Summer? We went to Lisbon, Portugal this summer.
2|| What are you most excited about for Fall? I am not really excited for fall, I am more of summer girl.
3|| What is your go-to wardrobe piece for Fall? A hoodie
4|| What is your favorite blog post that you've ever written? I love blogging about my roaming gnome. I take him on all our vacations.
alamaxfield
Thank you ladies for hopping over here to share your favourite things about Fall! I too, am looking forward to cozy knit sweaters and checking out your favourite blog posts.

Would you like to participate? Email me at nicole.franson1@gmail.com if you'd like to swap buttons!

xo. Nicole

2 comments

  1. Thanks for the awesome feature! I'll check out these other ladies too.

    ReplyDelete