Thursday, November 20, 2014

Our Wedding || First Dance

A little #throwbackThursday for you! I have a few posts lined up that go back to our wedding. Pieces of the day that I never shared. I love thinking about that day, and this space is as good as any to keep the memory going.

While on Fall break from work, I've been browsing some blogs and listening to music. Taylor Swift's 1989 is totally on repeat (loving Blank Space!), but a song came up on shuffle on my phone that brought back good memories. 
alamaxfield
It was the song that we had our first dance to! Never Let Me Go by Florence and The Machine. It was a perfect song, and I'm so glad that Rob brought it up as an option. I had never heard it before, and had only heard a few of Florence's songs. My heart was set on a few country ones, but that all changed the first time that I heard it - I was hooked.

Here's a few lyrics from the song:

And it's breaking over me
A thousand miles down to the sea bed
Found the place to rest my head
Never let me go
Never let me go
Never let me go
Never let me go

I hope you got a chance to listen to the song above. What was your first dance song? If you're not married yet, what are you hoping/planning to be the first song you dance to at your wedding?

xo. Nicole

7 comments

  1. Such a good song! Braydon & I don't have any plans on getting married, so I've never thought about a song for a first dance. But I imagine it would probably be Mumford & Sons or City & colour, which or the only two band/artist we agree on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful song! Our first dance song was "Smile" by Uncle Kracker. I think there were a few possible songs, but I am glad we chose that one. I should one day do a blog post about our first dance song too. My favourite part of our first day was how everyone circled around my hubby and I as we danced and blew bubbles. It was so romantic! I look forward to reading more of your wedding posts as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally see you guys having one of their songs! There are sooo many little things about a wedding that I didn't think about until almost too late, haha and this was one of them

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great first dance song! I look forward to reading your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that song! Our first dance was A Thousand Years by Christina Perri which I totally love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was totally in my top 10 of songs before Rob showed me this one. Aw, I bet it was so magical to dance to that one :)

    ReplyDelete